Each animal comes in with a story that is unique and special. We need your help to create the next chapter of their life stories.
The Coconino Humane Association has been your animal welfare resource in the high country since 1955. We gave warmth and safety to over 5,000 animals last year – many with no other place to go. From injured horses to surrendered pets, we are here for them because of you!
This year our donors helped to spay or neuter 454 dogs and cats and assisted our low-income families to help reduce the number of homeless and unwanted animals entering the shelter.
Donations supported our fight against the spread of disease, like Distemper, through vaccination programs for homeless animals – this year, over 10,000 vaccines were administered!
People like you made it possible to provide needed veterinary medical care to 541 animals that needed a lot of extra help to become ready for their new homes.
To continue our life-saving work, we need your help now.
Ways to Support Our Work
Donate via PayPal by clicking here.
By shopping through Amazon Smile, a portion of your purchase can support us! Simply visit smile.amazon.com, log in as usual, select Coconino Humane Association as your desired non-profit to support, and shop away! Feel good about providing year-round support to us without doing anything special--just shop as you normally do!
Whether you wish to advertise your company, memorialize a loved one, honor your special furry friend, or you are just searching for the perfect gift for that "hard to buy for" person - adopting a kennel is just for you!
Adopting a kennel is a great way to show your love of animals and support the Coconino Humane Association's mission to shelter and adopt homeless animals in Northern Arizona.
When you adopt a kennel, you are providing needed financial support for the animals staying in your sponsored kennel, such as basic and emergency medical care, pet food and costs for future increased space, comfort, and enrichment. We can't do this alone and we need our community's support!
As an Adopt a Kennel sponsor you will receive:
- A Kennel Plaque displaying your name or business name and logo placed on the kennel for one (1) year
- A Certificate of Sponsorship
- Your name or company name posted on our website and highlighted on social media
- Your sponsorship acknowledged annually in our newsletter
- Potential tax benefits (see your tax specialist for more information)
Click here to download the Adopt a Kennel registration form.
Leaving a legacy gift in your Last Will can help maintain the Coconino Humane Association and touch people and pet’s lives for years to come.
- General gift - a specific amount of money or percentage of your estate
- Residuary gift - any remaining assets after all other requests have been fulfilled
- Specific gift - the donation of a particular item, such as furniture or a vehicle
- Real estate, such as land or residential property
- Personal property, including vehicles, artwork, antiques, or jewelry
- Proceeds of your life insurance policy or your retirement plan
- Investments such as stocks and mutual funds
As you plan what your legacy will look like it is important to discuss your thoughts with your attorney, tax professional, or financial advisor for specific information that may be required.
Please contact the shelter for additional information regarding planned giving.
Coconino Humane Association EIN#86-0176883
PO Box 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86002
(928) 526-1076 X 204
There are many items that we could use on a day-to-day basis that would make the care of the animals in our shelter even better. We could use both items that are directly related to pet care, as well as numerous office supplies.
- Small & extra small nylon snap puppy collars
- Machine washable dog and cat beds and blankets
- Kitten, Adult, and Senior canned cat food
- Dry kibble (Puppy and Kitten is a high priority item!)
- Wash cloths that are not fraying and do not have holes
- Small and large bags of non-clumping cat litter (no open bags)
- Kitten and medium size litter boxes
- Kitten appropriate toys-balls, felt mice, etc
- Large, stable sisal rope scratching posts for cats and kittens
- Small cat and kitten nail trimmers
- KMR (kitten milk replacer) powder
- Bags of cotton balls
- New bottles of 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- Used medical/veterinary supplies (call first to make sure they are items we can use)
- 1" masking tape
- Antibacterial liquid hand soap
- Dawn brand dish soap
- Small mammal chew toys and wood blocks
- Airtight plastic treat jars
- Peanut Butter
- Gauze sponges 4 x 4
- New and unused flattened/unassembled cardboard cat carriers
- Cleaners: dishwashing liquid, antibacterial softsoap refills, dish washer soap, comet, hand sanitizer, Lysol spray, Clorox wet wipes and/or antibacterial wet wipes
- Computer Supplies: canned air, keyboards, flash drives
- Desk Supplies: pens, staples, staplers, tape dispensers, sharpie markers, highlighters, double stick tape, packing tape, post-it notes, scissors, file folders (recycled), laminating sheets, recycled white or colored copy paper
- 5 megapixel or better digital camera - 2 years old or newer (to take pictures of adoptable pets for our website)
- Blank large photo albums or scrapbooks with adhesive pages for holding photos and news articles
- Blank unused birthday, sympathy and get well cards
- Gift Certificates for volunteer and employee recognition: Restaurant and Movie Theater gift certificates, Office Depot, WalMart, Target, Sam's Club, Safeway, Home Depot and other major retailers
- Folding and convertible dolly/hand truck for outreach booths and events
- Batteries: AA, AAA, C and D
- Garbage bags (30 gallon preferred)
- Paper towels, toilet paper and Kleenex
- Coffee, hot chocolate, and other beverages
- First aid supplies
- Paper cups, plates and utensils
The Coconino Humane Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization - EIN # 86-0176883. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The Coconino Humane Association has discretion as to the use of the funds, and donor preferences will be honored when given. The Coconino Humane Association does not sell, give away, or distribute any information regarding our donating patrons. All information is kept strictly confidential. If you have any questions at all, please contact us at email@example.com.